I don't like to spend a lot of money on food, when dining out. I like good wholesome food at a decent price.
My pics for SE FL are:
1) Tark's on Federal Hwy, just north of Sheridan St, East side.
I eat here at least once a week. Either I go for the dolphin sandwich, the wings, the clams, the oysters, steamed clams, steamed oysters. Consistently good, economical, and the people that sit next to me are always interesting.. Although, I'm finding that people from everywhere are driving here on weekends just to try it. Getting very, very crowded.
2) Zona Fresca on Federal Hwy, just south of Oakland Park Blvd. He grills all his vegetables on the grill, before making all the salsa's from scratch. Everything I've eaten here is excellent, fresh, tasty, just the right amount of spices, but the Fish Taco's are the clear winners!!! Good mexican beer selection.
3) Southport Raw Bar.. Everytime I come to this little seafood joint to eat, I always see John (day) the bartender from Le Tub, sitting at the bar here... I especially love their dolphin sandwich's, and anything else.. Cheap, fresh, good, never a problem finding a seat. Great to sit outside and watch the boats come in.
4) Sushi-Thai on Hollywood Blvd. They own Eddie Hills in Hallandale, and Sushi-Thai on Hollywood Beach. I love the fact that I can order my food online and get a 10% discount. It's always good, it's always fresh, and prices are comparable to anywhere else..
5) Tequila Ranch at the Hard Rock Casino. We've gone here 4 times for lunch, and 2 times for dinner. I've ordered dinner off the menu once. I had the snapper in olive relish. It was good, but the relish was a little too salty for my blood. But the appetizers and salads are to die for! They have this awesome tuna salad atop hearts of palm and crowned with stalks of marinated asparagus..Absolutey delightful, and LOW CARB! We've had every appetizer on their menu and have absolutely no complaints. What I like about this place is that it's not a typical rice and beans joint. It's got a completely different type of menu, more on the seafood side, with some interesting sauces.
6) Las Brisas on Hollywood's Broadwalk. I especially love their mussels in red sauce, smothered with garlic. The bread they serve is the perfect scooper of this magnificent sauce. Great wine list. Oh, and the have these exceptional spinach crepes, although I didn't see them on the menu last visit. On the pricey side if you order a ton of food. You can get away with mussels and a bottle of wine for less than $40.
7) Coral Rose Cafe. As everyone has stated, this is a great restaurant for breakfast or lunch. EVERYTHING is made from scratch, and they cater to the fruits of our planet. Lots of fresh fruit jams, butters, pancakes... everything on the menu is a winner.
8) Now this place isn't a restaurant, but a little tiny whole in the wall bar on Hollywood Blvd(1904A Hollywood Blvd). It's right next to the Beefeater (which is an excellent beef restaurant, and cheaper in price than any other beef restaurant in Broward). It's calle PRL Euro Cafe. I haven't seen any food in here, but what I have seen are some interesting beers from around the world. And Jay, the owner is a very pleasant man with good stories of Europe.
9) Le Tub. As everyone else has mentioned, their hamburgers are outstanding. Too bad GQ had to go and ruin it for us local's. Now you can't get into the place, they're all coming to eat the burgers that someone with GQ said, were the best in the nation.
10) The Ugly Tuna in Riverwalk, FLL. Now here's a place where you can sit outside, watch the boats, listen to the live music and watch all the pretty people. Food is absolutely terrific, fresh seafood, lots of different dishes, and good cold beer! This is certainly a must if you go to the theatre!!!
This is my list of good cheap eats. If anyone else has any to add, please do. ***Las Brisas isn't cheap, but if you order the mussels and wine, it's a meal in itself and very reasonable.
Updated 1 year ago | 3
Updated 1 year ago | 2
Updated 1 year ago | 1
Updated 1 year ago | 10
Updated 8 months ago | 4