Husband & 2 kids (boy 14, girl 20) have a few favs, all welcomed us even when the kids were little and not as well behaved:
1. Atwaters at Belvedere or Kenilworth: can't be beat for everyday good eats, with much of the food local grown and made into interesting soups, salads, and sandwiches. And great desserts too!
2. Suzie's Soba for more formal occasions, in this small, cute shop Suzie, her sister or her son serve up delicious and interesting combinations: the tuna tartare is a winner, as is the bananas tempura..
3. Sofi's Crepes great before the Charles and now downtown in the location of the Womens Exchange: crepes themselves are light and delicious, the fillings (I love the chick pea filling, kids love the Kevin Bacon, hubby goes for the spinach and cheese)
4. Charred Rib in Timonium they do not mind kids and the ribs are falling off the bones: the onion loaf is great to get if you have a crowd (too much with 4 or less), cole slaw home made, apple sauce with chunks
5. Al Pacinos at Belvedere for a great cross section of interesting, everyday food, we like the pizza for its thin crust and great toppings
6. Petes Grill for a shoulder to shoulder, delicious home fries, grits, eggs & pork product breakfast and then a trip to the book thing cannot be beat
7. My husband and son love the Frisco Burrito in Towson for the biggest burrito
8. Saturdays at Waverly Market, the apple and pears are divine, the green salad folks have the best, and the sharp cheddar from the guys who have tables full of pig parts is always eaten before we get home
9. Sundays under the Fallsway for local milk products, the plate of tiny donuts, organic veggies
Updated 22 days ago | 22
Updated 3 days ago | 23
Updated 6 days ago | 87
Updated 3 days ago | 17
Updated 11 days ago | 67