Had a decent but overall disappointing meal tonight at Farmer Brown. Service and atmosphere were good, but here's the breakdown of the food:
- Jalapeno cornbread mufins with whipped honey butter: excellent, flavorful, light yet crusty and substantial.
- appetizer of Friend Okra: the batter was a bit soggy, though the accompanying sauce was excellent and the okra was not at all slimy
- Fried chicken: I've had much better before... it was not as chicken-y or juicy as an order at Popeyes. The skin was lacking oomph. The accompanying dirty rice also did not have any distinct flavors.
- Seafood jambalaya: bland, my friend observed that it tasted like mung beans, and lukewarm at that. Especially funny considering that the waitress warned us--several times-- to be careful because the plate was hot, and yet the food wasn't.
- Cornmeal crusted catfish with candied yams and sauteed spinach: not crisp and also bland, with a lot of water from the spinach. The candied yams however were excellent-- good texture and sweet without being too much.
Overall, not that great-- even with a good dousing of their excellent housemade hotsauce, the food was just not well prepared. Won't be back.
Updated 2 years ago | 1
Updated 1 year ago | 7
Updated 2 years ago | 0
Updated 1 year ago | 3
Updated 1 year ago | 20