I plan on attending the Fancy Food Show which is being held for the first time in San Diego this year, and had a few questions posted to this board, since the FFS has been in SF until this year's show:
1. Blogs have mentioned how big this show is. I think the rules that I've read about so far are:
- Be selective in your sampling
- Have a plan (for example -- visit all chocolate vendors first, if that is your focus)
Any other recommendations on how to maximize one day at the show?
2. There's a show rule of "no removal of samples from the show floor". I was hoping to bring some samples home to share with my "other", since I don't really want to taste 100+ samples all at once during the show. My questions:
- How tightly do they enforce this 'no removal of samples' rule?
- Are they really going to search my backpack if I load it full of samples?
- Any hints about how to get around this rule?
- How open are vendors about sharing samples? Do they give away packages of product?
Thanks in advance!
Updated 9 months ago | 6
Updated 1 year ago | 0
Updated 1 year ago | 7
Updated 1 year ago | 25
Updated 1 year ago | 10