My time in NY is short, so I want to make the most of my time and limited stomach space, and so my question to you is this...
What can I get on the 7 train line that blows away what LA has on offer?
For example, even if you can get great Chinese hand pulled noodles on the 7 line, I can head to Malan in Hacienda Heights. Unless your hand pulled noodles would clearly trounce Malan, for example, in a heated BATTLE MIEN, please offer something different... something non-LA.
Off the top of my head, I'd be looking for the following:
- some mind blowing eastern european food
- old timey (but authentic) Irish joints from when Irish lived in Queens
- perhaps Indian/Pakistani (I understand that NY's Indian offerings blow away LA's, although I've had some great Indian food in LA's Little India.... Woodland's and Ambala Dhaba for example)
- Various african cuisines (other than Ethiopian)
- Caribbean food
- What else along the 7 line blows away what LA has to offer?
Please understand, I know that NY may have some very good Thai, Japanese, Korean, Mexican, etc... But that is not what this post is about.
I've researched several extensive posts, not the least of which is E Eto's opus here:
Blow us away, Queens hounds!
Updated 9 months ago | 7
Updated 1 year ago | 80
Updated 11 months ago | 3
Updated 1 year ago | 0
Updated 1 year ago | 7