Heading to EMP in a couple weeks in a small party, from out of town celebrating a birthday. We've been fortunate enough to go to places like PS, FL, Alinea, etc, and so we're looking forward to an experience on a similar level. We're going to be doing the tasting menu. I've read many threads already about various people's experiences, but still had a few questions:
- my understanding is that there are no choices to be made if going for the tasting menu. is this actually the case - if not, aside from personal preference are there any decisions that are especially popular?
- are there things off-menu we should specifically ask for? several people have mentioned the duck or clambake as something you may have to specially request.
- if we want a kitchen tour, should we request it? or accept that they might invite us if it's convenient for them? several posters have alluded to their meal concluding during the crush and didn't get an invitation. we don't want to inconvenience the kitchen.
- one person in our party doesn't drink alcohol. do they offer a non-alcoholic beverage pairing? or can they put that together if you request it? we had something like this at Alinea.
- for those people who are going for the wine pairing but don't want to drink quite so much, is it acceptable to ask for short pours?
- when i made the reso, they didn't ask for food allergies. later i was surprised by this because usually this is requested by the reservationist. should i call back and let them know of any dietary restrictions?
Eleven Madison Park
11 Madison Ave., New York, NY 10010
Updated 1 year ago | 34
Updated 6 months ago | 2
Updated 11 months ago | 0
Updated 11 months ago | 10
Updated 1 year ago | 31