I have just a week to visit, and will be staying with friends in Silver Lake, then West Hollywood. Will probably hit up Venice and Malibu, and have to spend some time near UCLA.
I would love to hear recs of yummy, only-in-LA places. I would do the research myself on CH, but unfortunately given the various neighborhoods we are visiting, I don't have much time to do so.
A few parameters:
- the significant other has already rejected Pinks as a destination
- we already know about Kogi and will definitely be hitting that up
- ethnic is a plus, not a problem! Love Mexican, South American, Central American, Chinese, Taiwanese and Korean (sig-o not a Japanese food fan)
- prefer hole-in-the-wall finds and good values to hot scenes and atmosphere (though would love to hear of place that combines both)
- not interested in "New American", organic, local -- we have that here in Boston, and while it's all good, I want authentic can-only-get-in-LA recs.
- would also love to hear about consistent, unsung heroes ... places that may not knock your socks off but are reliably tasty and trusted by a consensus on this board.
Thanks in advance, kind-hearted West Coast CHers!
Los Angeles, CA, Los Angeles, CA