Will be in Seattle this weekend with some friends and the boyfriend. Had the pleasure of visiting last year and ate at Buenos Aires Grill and Qubed. I'm looking forward to chowing at other places this time around, and would absolutely love some recommendations for:
3 instances of Brunch (and/or Lunch)
2 instances of Dinner
And your favorite bars/lounges (optional)
- At lease ONCE a relatively inexpensive (by relatively I mean 50-60/person, without wine) fine dining experience. I've read up on Campagne and have been debating with self whether to go to Cafe for lunch and go somewhere else for dinner or forego the cafe and eat at the main restaurant for dinner.
- Something uniquely Seattle. I've been recommended Pike Chowder as the best chowder place and Top Pot for doughnuts.
- Something downright cheap and delicious--maybe even in the guilty sense. This is ambiguous and I have no leads thus far :D This is also not really a requirement, maybe a fun request
- The best fish and chips in downtown. I am not looking to travel outside of downtown, so even though I've heard of this great place (the name escapes me) in Alki, I cannot access it and am not willing to ride a bus/taxi for it.
- Close to best display of Pacific Northwest cooking. Just close, not necessarily the best, since I know I'm limiting my local to downtown. Can be fine, can be neighborhoodly, can be hole in the wall--just as long as I can have some fresh, wonderfully cooked fish.
Background: I'm from the SF Bay Area but am not actually from SF itself (Silicon Valley, Mountain View, Fremont, San Jose, Milpitas, Berkeley, Oakland--I'm all over the place here). Will be here for four days. Looking to book reservations for restaurants ASAP. :D
Thank you in advance, Chowhounders!