Hit Dosa on Friday night. I don't know much about Indian food - it has always been tough food for me to take in the past.
Overall, I thought the food was pretty good, and you get a chance to drink cheap sparkling wine and German rieslings. Some of the highlights:
- Squid appetizer: Tender squid in a delicious sauce
- Chicken appetizer: clean tasting, sort of like a fresh Indian mcnugget (I know, I know)
- Paneer salad: just ok, no big deal
- Chick-pea pattie in yogurt (dahi vada): tasty and different, with a lump of spiciness in there somewhere
- South Indian moons-uttapam: so-so, I thought, nothing spectacular
- chana batura: well done and tasty- fresh bread and a vegetarian masala.
- paper masala: This really was awesome - the bread was perfectly crisp and tasted of onions and butter. Really excellently made, I thought.
I'm not sure it is authentic or not, but it tasted good. Service was earnest but not overly polished - it matched the prices. I think we had 4 people, 2 bottles of wine, too much food for about $130. Not bad overall
Updated 5 months ago | 0
Updated 1 year ago | 30
Updated 1 year ago | 0
Updated 1 year ago | 5
Updated 1 year ago | 22