My family will be visiting Disneyland and California Adventure in a couple of weeks. I'm travelling with my husband, 4 year old, and 5-month old, plus my parents. We will be staying at a Disney hotel, so I suspect most of our eating will be in the parks, hotels, and Downtown Disney.
And also pretty much any other post that mentions Disney.
The recommendations I came away with, and the questions I had:
* Plaza Inn - broasted chicken
* Blue Ribbon Bakery - macaroons, Krispy Treats (what are these?), coffee
New Orleans Square
* Blue Bayou/Cafe Orleans - Monte Cristo Sandwich
* French Market - any recommendations on the new menu?
* Royal Street Veranda - mixed reviews on the chowder and gumbo, someone liked the fritters
* Pooh's store - cupcakes and cookies
* Bengal BBQ - mixed reviews, generally good for the bacon wrapped asparagus
* Tiki Juice Bar - mixed reviews on the Dole Whip. Anything else good here?
* Rancho Zocalo - generally bad reviews, but a few people liked it
* Big Thunder BBQ - after re-opening, reviews were so-so. Has it improved?
* Golden Horseshoe - deep fried snacks
* Village Haus - generally bad reviews, but the new menu got some positive comments, especially for desserts
* Enchanted Cottage - wursts - is this still there? I don't see it on the park map.
* Tomorrowland Terrace - AVOID
* Redd's Rocket Pizza - Pizza not recommended. Which pasta would you get if you were going to eat here? Or should we just avoid it?
* Generally positive
* Turkey leg and chimichanga - near the end of main street
* Corndog - on main street - mixed reviews
* Churros - best place to find in the morning?
* Ice cream bars - wait until they've thawed a bit before eating
* Fruit - near Winnie-the-Pooh
* Popcorn, dill pickles, pineapple spears, frozen banana - I saw all of these mentioned in the posts, are they all from carts? Best place to find?
In general, I found the recommendations for California Adventure less specific than for Disneyland. Perhaps the quality is more consistent between dishes at each spot? Or there are fewer menu items that truly stand out?
Also, it looks like with the renovations, several places previously reviewed are now closed.
Hollywood Pictures Backlot
* Award Wieners - hot dogs not recommended. Are the corndogs here good? Is the turkey leg the same as at Disneyland?
* Schmoozies - is this any better than Jamba Juice in Downtown Disney?
* Ariel's Grotto - not recommended. But we're going anyway for the princesses. Is there anything in particular we should avoid?
* Cove Bar - I don't see this on the map. Still there? Mixed reviews.
* Wine Country Trattoria - best place for a meal?
* Sonoma Terrace / Mendocino Terrace - any difference between the two? I saw a recommendation for port/blue cheese tasting. Anything else here?
* Cucina Cucamonga - AVOID
* Taste Pilots Grill - okay
* Boudin Bakery Tour / Mission Tortilla Tour - free bread/tortilla is good
* Lucky Fortune Cookery - okay
* Bakers Field Bakery - coffee
Out of the whole Disney Resort area, where's the best place to go for coffee? tea?
* Beer Truck - excellent reviews. Is it still in the Pacific Wharf area?
HOTELS / DOWNTOWN DISNEY
* Grand Californian - generally good reviews for the restaurants here. Overall most positive reviews for White Water Snacks. Napa Rose (which we won't be going to anyway) has both a strong cheering section and a strong booing section. Storytellers Cafe - giant burgers, corn chowder recommended.
* Disneyland Hotel - Steakhouse 55 recommended
* Catal - generally positive reviews
* La Brea Bakery - generally positive reviews
Is any of this out of date? Anything I've missed? Can anyone fill in the blanks on the questions I've asked?
Napa Rose Restaurant
1600 S Disneyland Dr, Anaheim, CA 92802
La Brea Bakery
624 S La Brea Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90036
2301 Redondo Ave, Signal Hill, CA
French Market Cafe
2321 Abbot Kinney Blvd Ste 200, Venice, CA 90291
The Golden State
426 N. Fairfax Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90036
122 W 4th St, Los Angeles, CA 90013
Main Street Cafe
12939 Main St, Garden Grove, CA 92840
Updated 1 month ago | 6
Updated 2 years ago | 9
Updated 1 year ago | 6
Updated 1 year ago | 4
Updated 1 year ago | 21