We have a new baby, and the whole damn family is here to celebrate. Dad wants to take everyone out to celebrate my stepmother's birthday tomorrow (Sunday) night, and I can not think of someplace that meets all the needed criteria. Anyone have any solutions, short of pushing all my relatives into the Bay (believe me, I've thought of it)? Here are the criteria:
1. We live in downtown San Mateo and want to walk, or drive no more than 15 minutes.
2. We are 6 adults, a 5 yr old, a 2 yr old and a newborn baby. The older kids (who are not ours) are pretty used to eating out and fairly well behaved in restaurants
3. My partner doesn't eat meat but does eat fish.
4. My father is compulsive about not eating any food that sounds like it might be spicy, so he won't go to Mexican, Indian, Thai, etc. restaurants.
5. My stepmother doesn't like Chinese food; she's one of these healthy types who likes a lot of salad. Oh, and she won't eat sushi.
6. Not too horribly expensive, since my father will insist on paying and I'll feel guilty if the bill is huge.
7. OTOH, not too cheap, since this is a celebration.
8. I don't want to go to Spiedo, since I took them there just a few weeks ago, and I don't like Capellinis, but Italian would be good. Aren't there some Italian places in Burlingame?
9. Someplace where I can get a good stiff drink that would render me oblivious to their insanity would be a big plus.
Updated 1 year ago | 65
Updated 4 months ago | 5
Updated 3 months ago | 22
Updated 1 year ago | 7
Updated 1 year ago | 16