Quite excited about my trip to DiFara tomorrow. My wife and I have tried some of the best pizza spots in N.Y.C. and Conn. After all the buzz here we are VERY curious how DiFara will compare. It will take us about 1.5 hours of driving each way but will be worth it to satisfy my curiosity (I don't know about the wife). I've always felt that pizza making is one of the highest culinary arts. While abroad I crave good pizza more than any other food.
Here are my current very subjective ratings of favorites (in order of preference:
1. Totonno's: Regardless of criticism by some, it seems perfect to me in every respect.
2. Patsy Grimaldi: Very little oil and exceptionally fresh, tasty cheese.
3. Arturo's: Perfect mix of ingredients but could use the fresh cheese of Grimaldi's.
4. Sally's (Conn.): Great sauce but a little heavy on the oil.
5. Pepe's (Conn.): Right behind Sally's in flavor.
I've tried many others (Lombardi's, John's, Patsy's, Candido's, Modern (Conn.), Nick's, Sal and Carmine's, Two Boots, etc.) but feel they are in a somewhat lower class.
Will report back soon on this thread. Good Eating!
Updated 1 year ago | 17
Updated 1 year ago | 13
Updated 1 year ago | 51
Updated 1 year ago | 21
Updated 2 years ago | 2