Hi everyone -
I'll be in town mid-October for the marathon and looking for good eats (and drinks!). I'll be staying right in downtown Detroit (without access to a car) and will be looking for the following in walking/bus distance:
- great hole-in-the-wall Italian joint for a good pre-run pasta dinner
- upscale but fun and hip place for post-race celebratory dinner
- a place with an awesome cheese plate for dessert or snacking
- brewpubs with decent food for lunch or casual dinner
Ok, now for the high maintenance part:
- I am vegetarian (will occasionally do seafood, but unlikely this particular weekend)
- I will be solo dining often, and much prefer eating at the bar
- I am a bit of a snob about beer and cheese, so any direction toward great beer and cheese lists are a HUGE plus.
Any help or direction is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!