A friend and I will be hosting a visiting Englishwoman for dinner tomorrow night. She is a vegetarian (not vegan). I'd hoped to take her to Helmand, but they have no reservations available at the time we need.
Do you have any suggestions for an alternative restaurant? Our criteria are:
* Delicious and interesting food
* Nice atmosphere, conducive to conversation--fancy not necessary
* Several good vegetarian choices (we're not looking for an exclusively veg restaurant), not just one.
* Prices in the $10-$20 range for entrees
* Boston or Cambridge (we'd consider Brookline, Watertown or Newton for the right place, as well)
* I'd prefer not to go with Thai, Indian or Chinese for this one
Maybe Lala Rokh? They don't have their full menu online, that I can see. How are their veg choices?