So I've been recently deposited into the real world dating scene for the first time EVER. Needless to say I am completely mortified and without clue. Dating savants of the Boston Board, I implore you!
Phew, that was cathartic. Quick background, I'm mid twenties male and am not interested in women impressed by Newbury Street dreck. Live in Cambridge, anything there, Somerville, Boston or Brookline is fine. Now here's the type of place I would think (probably incorrectly) would make a good first date spot:
- Good to great menu that won't scare off conservative eaters but offers some more interesting options (says "I'm considerate and laid back but totally down to eat some brains")
- Fairly good buzz of people during peak hours but not a deafening roar (in anticipation of any number of awkward pauses)
- Cozy, somewhat romantic (I don't stand a chance, but just in case)
- Entree price point in the 20s or under (don't want to seem garish or put undue pressure on the first date)
- Reasonably good wine list or good beer/cocktai list
- Takes reservations (not a must-have)
- Generally makes me look totally awesome
I haven't been eating out that much recently, so newer spots in particular I'd love help with. Applying my own criteria to my own brain, I come up with places like Highland Kitchen, Hungry Mother, Green Street, Dali, Orinoco, Coda, B&G Oysters, Metropolis.
Come on you chowish flirts, bring it!
150 Highland Ave, Somerville, MA 02143
Cambridge, MA, Cambridge, MA
Updated 1 year ago | 33
Updated 1 year ago | 14
Updated 10 months ago | 0
Updated 5 months ago | 6
Updated 4 months ago | 1