My wife and I are coming in to celebrate our 1 year anniversary in NYC with some sightseeing and lots of good eats. We're very adventurous eaters, don't shy away from any type of cuisine, love street food and high end as well. We'll be in town for 3 days and would like help for ideas during our trip. I've searched the boards and other sites, and would like some help/suggestions. We'd like to spend around $20pp for our meals (not inc. drinks, etc), except for dinner on Saturday where we'd like to have a more romantic place, at around $60pp (preferably prix-fixe or a tasting). I know its a tall order to ask of you all, but suggestions are really appreciated. Here is our itinerary, so restaurants nearby would be most welcome:
- Lunch near South Street Seaport - no ideas yet!
- Dinner near Greenwich Village/SoHo - no ideas yet!
- Lunch near Central Park/UWS/UES - thinking of picnic in Central Park or a light lunch...
- Pre-theatre "snack" (theatre is near Times Square) - ideas were Margon or Biryani cart
- Late dinner (kind of fancy?) - some ideas I had are Telepan, Balthazar, Casa Mono, Kittichai and TOWN
- Lunch in Harlem - maybe Amy Ruth's, Dinosaur BBQ or Miss Maude's?
- Early dinner near Grand Central Terminal - my idea was Szechuan Gourmet
I'd also appreciate any suggestions for places to go for late-night drinks with a laid back - i.e. no loud music - vibe. Thanks for the suggestions, and I'll be sure to post up reviews when we get back!
edit: we eat anything, really, but aren't fans of Italian or "American" (i.e. simple burger and fries, etc.). A great pizza, Southern soul food, Cajun, etc. are however, all welcome!