I post this post having spent no recent time reading the LA Board, so if I get nary a reply, I will know that my questions have probably been addressed already recently. Besides, between this board, J. Gold and Erik M of Chicago, I feel I already know so much about LA. Towards that purpose, I am not looking for total advice, just some shadings, strong opinions and whatnot. Believe me, it is going to be hard to narrow or 3 day trip to ten or so meals!
1) Must eats: Phillipes, Langers
2) I want to eat ad nauseum, burgers, but will probably only be able to have one or two burger stops. I am thinking Apple Pan combined with our trip to Gamble House. But between Apple Pan, Jayburger, Pie n' Burger, Tommy's and Cassells, what is the conventional wisdom? Should or should I not throw Fatburger and In n' Out into the mix?
3) We need one "nice" meal. Here's where I am having a harder time. Should it be a standard bearer like Chinois or Valentino or Campagne? Border Grill? By nice, by the way, I'm thinking around 50-100 per person, excluding drinks; not ultra-delux. What about Pacific Dining Car (too much reading of J. Ellroy), is it worth the money?
4) My wife really wants to go to Falafal King in Westwood because we had such a great experience there ten years ago. Anyone have any comments on this place.
5) Any other suggestions of must hit places. My short list right now includes, Sahag's Basturma, Zankou, Musso and Frank, Pollo a la Brasa, something Persian...
Updated 1 year ago | 1
Updated 1 year ago | 7
Updated 7 months ago | 3
Updated 6 months ago | 8
Updated 20 hours ago | 14