I’m going to Beijing for business for 5 days next week. Staying at the Fairmont Beijing (8 Yong An Dong Li; Jian Guo Men Wai Avenue; Chaoyang District) and will probably be eating alone at least a few nights, and possibly a lunch. One night I know I’ll be tired after hiking The Great Wall. Have done research below-but don’t know distances, comfort quotient for a solo female,best things to eat, etc. I love spicy, definitely want the Peking duck and noodles. I appreciate design but food quality is more important. Price is not such an issue if it’s good. Would love advice on places that are close to the hotel and where it’s comfortable for a solo diner. Huge thanks in advance.
• Peking Duck -- Made in China or Dadong Kaoya?
• Hotpot --Haidilao or Little Lamb
• Sichuan – Chuanban or Feitang Yuxiang ( poached fish in hot chili oil, or shuizhuyu )
• Dumplings -- Dintaifeng (went to one in Shanghai). Is there another better place?
• Yunan – I understand the courtyard in a cool hutong is a big part of the appeal. Would it be comfortable in winter? IS the food really good? Would I feel awkward eating there alone?
• Xinjiang/ Crescent Moon -- lamb kabobs, buns, yogurt, black beer (what is that?)