Flying to SF tomorrow from NYC. I'm going with my girlfriend. We've both been to SF before, so we aren't really interested in doing the touristy things like fisherman's wharf or Alcatraz. We both live in the city so are used to walking a lot. Coming to NYC I had always been in midtown and such, now that I've lived here for 5 years, I realize the best places are the more non-toursity places. I live in the village and am looking for places like that (i've heard castro?) and brooklyn etc. to walk around in + some nature and good sights for photography.
Not trying to spend too much on a dinner (under $80 total, we dont need to drink at dinner), but cocktails at other places is fine. We are big into cocktails and food (she is vegan) so this is our itinerary. Interested to hear any ideas/how realistic it is.
Appreciate the tips!
Thursday Night (10 pm)
- Check in hotel in northern SoMa/Fidi area.
- Grab a quick bite to eat somewhere
- Burritt Room/Local Edition/Rickhouse (choose 2?)
- Sightglass Coffee
- Early brunch at Gracias Madre
- Bi Rite Creamery
- Explore mission/dolares park etc. (any ideas on where to walk)
- Lunch at Dinosaurs
- Would like to get up to a good vantage point. Somewhere like tank hill/corona heights park etc.
- Drink at The Alembic
- Head back to the hotel to relax a bit, then walk aroudn North Beach
- Dinner at Plant Cafe (cheap+easy)
- 15 Romolo/Comstock Saloon for drinks.
- Philz Coffee
- Getting a car and headed to Rutherford for wine tasting.
- Lunch in Yountville or somewhere out there.
- Thinking about driving back through towards Sausalito area so she can see that, and we can drive across the GG bridge.
- Source for dinner
- Smugglers Cove + Absinthe for drinks.
- Four Barrel Coffee
- Need a good lunch rec over near Golden Gate Park.
- Golden Gate Park (worth it?) would like something to do outside
- Nothing till dinner. I'm a big burger enthusiast in NYC, so would love a place with a great burger, or even good brazilian food or something. Preferably near Mission/Tenderloin/Downtown/Soma area.
- Bourbon & Branch for drinks
Nothing planned. Any other suggestions?
- Flight is at 11 pm that night.