It has been quite a while since I last organize a Chinese Food Chowmeet here in the GTA.
Recently, I noticed postings on the General Topics Board expressing fellow Chowhounders' frustration towards missing out on great food in ethnic restaurants because house specialties were posted on Black Board or posters in foreign languages and characters impossible to decipher by patrons. Maple Yip in Scarborough is one such restaurant!
Based on previous Chowmeet successes and my recent dining experience at Maple Yip, I am organizing a " Pre-Holiday Cantonese Cuisine Chowmeet " at Maple Yip ( 4227 Sheppard Avenue East ) on Thursday, 22nd November at 7.00pm.
A special multi-course ( 9-10) tasting menu, conceived with the help of Chef Ho, will feature advance order Classic Maple Yip House Specialties not normally listed on their daily a-la-carte menu. Dishes will include but not limited to:
- Maple Yip's Cantonese rendition of ' Momofuku Style' Pork Belly!
- Fried Soft Shell Crabs with pepper aromatic spiced salt,
- Double Boiled Whole Winter Melon Seafood Pot-Au-Feu.
- Whole De-boned Crispy Skin Chicken stuffed with flavoured glutinous Rice
- Stirred fry filet of giant Florida Yellow Fin or Warsaw Grouper with Yellowing Chives.
- Sauteed Giant East Coast Lobster in Maggi Sauce.
- Baked Dungeness Crab Fried Rice wrapped in whole Lotus Leaf..............etc
To ensure food quality, I am going to restrict the number of participants to 22 people. ( 2 round tables of 11 ). Since space is extremely limited, availability will be by a first come, first serve basis and restricted to Chowhound member and spouse only!!
Cost per person will be $50 all inclusive of food, tax and gratuities.
If you are interested in attending this function, please send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with your reservation request,ASAP!! Acceptance cut off date will be 16th November, 2012.
If for any reason you need to cancel after reserving a space, please notify me at least 3 days in advance of the venue date so that I can pass on the space to those on the waiting list.
Looking forward to sharing some great food with some of my fellow chowhounder friends!!
PS: Please do not reply to this posting and direct all questions to my e-mail address. Thank You!!