A couple of people have asked me to post details, so here they are.
- The reservation is for Sunday at 5 PM at the Parthenon on Halsted and Jackson. The exact address is 314 S Halsted, and there phone number is(312) 726-2407. I am almost positive that Parthenon has free valet parking. If not, there is a lot on Halsted with really cheap parking.
- The reservation is in MY NAME, not chowhound and not "Vital Information". I have asked my mother (Paulette) who shares my name, who is generally very responsible and who lives closer, to get to the resturant early and facilitate. Both Parthenon and my Mom know my cell phone number if there are any problems.
- As I have said before, if you want to chow, but were not included in the count given to the Parthenon, you are more than welcome to risk it. Even if you have to sit at another table, you will get a chance to meet and greet your fellow hounds.
- Raising money for chowhound is a key factor is this dinner. You will be expected to purchase "good will" or chow merchandise as a condition of recieving food. Zim is bringing with order forms for people wanting to obtain cool chowhound merchandise. I have included a link to the chowhound "chowmarket" for details on the merchandise and also the good will payments. Note, if you want to make a good will payment with your credit card, please bring your reciept.
- If you were at the first dinner in chinatown, you saw how well things worked even when they did not work so well. Maybe, I am relying too much on that experience, but regardless, I cannot see any other issues. I will try and check the board again today and I will also check my e-mail. Please let me know ASAP if there are any unknown issues.
Link: [BROKEN LINK REMOVED]
Updated 3 months ago | 7
Updated 4 months ago | 6
Updated 2 months ago | 0
Updated 1 month ago | 6
Updated 6 months ago | 9