Thanks to Hyperbowler's initiative, about 18 Hounds converged here for dinner this evening. Since there were so many of us, we were at 2 round tables, with each group making their own choices from a rather large menu.
I'm going to quickly kick off the report with a summary of the items we had, and invite my fellow Hounds to add to the list any dishes I might have failed to mention. And of course, comment on the cuisine.
1. Sesame Pancake: it's a kind of a misnomer since it's a bread not a pancake. Made from rice flour, I think. Nice spices. Great texture. could become habit-forming.
2. Sichuan Home Style Chicken: cold, appetizer
3. Sliced "bacon cut" pork with spicy garlic sauce
4. Rolled bean curd with cucumber: This was quite a surprise for me. A salad of tofu skin, rolled and cut into chunks with chunks of cucumber. Very refreshing. And a nice complement to the spicy dishes.
5. Sichuan style spicy wonton: small sensations of wonderful flavor.
6. Tan tan noodle
7. Hot and sour rice noodles
8. Pickled cabbage with thin slice noodle soup
9. Soft tofu and crab meat in claypot
10. Sichuan style ta smoked Duck
11. Chongqing Chili Pork Intestine
12. Spicy Hot Boiled Lamb: more like a soup.
13. Stir Fried String Bean with finely chopped pickles
14. Spicy Shoestring Potatoes Sauteed Country Style
15. Sichuan Sweet Sesame Rice Ball: kind of a soupy dessert special for the Chinese Lunar New Year. Glad I tried it once.
16. Sweet Red Bean Flatbread dessert: Kind of a Chinese slightly sweet quesadilla.
I invite my fellow Hounds to chime in with photos and descriptives. And the group at the other table can add their dishes to the list. But once again, we all were so very appreciative to hyperbowler for taking the initiative to organize this adventure.
ps- The most entertaining member of the crowd was 9-month old Hannah (chow handle tbd).