We seem to be in a cookbook frenzy right now, and in another thread a Chowhounder was lamenting the dearth of chocolate cookbooks in a list of cookbooks. Being the fifth basic food group, chocolate definitely needs its own thread on cookbooks, so I thought I would start one. Here is my contribution:
- "The Cake Bible". Some would say that this book appears ad nauseum on this board. It is not only about chocolate, but definitely belongs here as it has some great chocolate cake recipes, which I have made over and over again.
- "Cocolat", "Bittersweet", and "Chocolate Holidays", all by Alice Medrich.
- "The Art of Chocolate" by Elaine Gonzalez. Great book for various techniques with chocolate. Wish I could make all the chocolate flowers that she does, but I am all thumbs. I would not even try !
- "Chocolate Desserts", by Pierre Hermé, with Dorie Greenspan.
- "The International Chocolate Cookbook", by Nancy Baggett
- "The Chocolate Bible", by Christian Teubner.
- "Dessert Circus", by Jacques Torres
Updated 1 hour ago | 41
Updated 9 days ago | 65
Updated 5 days ago | 72
Updated 15 minutes ago | 34
Updated 24 days ago | 96