hubby and i will be in chicago from july 1 - 5. we're staying at the swissotel.
can you please give me some dinner recos near our hotel? we'll need a total of four dinners for our trip.
we are looking for:
- unique chicagoan eats - hot dogs, pizzas, ribs, steaks, etc.
- we're NOT looking for michelin starred experiences
- we're on a budget - this trip decision has been made on a bit of a whim - we're already going to barcelona/paris later this fall - so dinner for under $50-60 US
would be much appreciated (especially considering our canadian dollar!!)
- we LOVE mexican ... we don't get a lot of good, authentic mexican in our hometown (toronto) ... i checked out rick bayless' properties but they were a bit out of our price range and also not exactly what we're looking for
- we're not into wine ... but hubby likes a good beer
ideally, after a day of sightseeing, we like to come back to the hotel, relax/shower/nap/etc. and then head out for dinner. i don't really want to schlep too far for grub - a 15 min walk would be fine.
also, i'm a BIT concerned about dinner on july 4th ... we've never been in the US for this holiday so i'm guessing that most places will be mobbed?? any tips on this one? we'd like to watch the fireworks but are also hoping we might be able to do it from our hotel...
some recos that i've gleaned from this forum already are: giordanos, portillos/al's beef, hop haus, brasserie jo...
finally, we'd like to catch a cubs game on thursday, july 2nd in the evening. any recos for good eats up near wrigley that might fit our requirements?
Updated 10 days ago | 43
Updated 21 days ago | 44
Updated 5 days ago | 38
Updated 3 days ago | 35
Updated 2 days ago | 81