Toodie Jane, Polar Bear and I all seem to love exploring our beautiful central coast between Salinas and Santa Barbara and are slowly putting together an impressive list of road stops, road trips and destination restaurants.
It might be helpful for future Highway 101 and Highway 1 Central Coast travelers to find these spots all in one post so here goes the start of a thread that hopefully can be referenced by those who don't yet know this special part of still often untouched California.
I'll start with listing some of my favorites:
1. La Simpatia in Guadalupe for chile rellenos (Thanks to Toodie)
2. Mo's in Pismo Beach for ribs - Philthy Phil's my favorites
3. Chef Ricks in Orcutt - gotta have that Jack Daniel's pecan pie
4. Gopher Glen Apple Farm and others along See Canyon
5. Madonna Inn Copper Cafe, San Luis Obispo - for back to basics honest old time food
6. McLintocks in Pismo, sit at the bar for their Steak Pieces and Potato Skillet appetizers
7. Hotlix in Pismo for freshly made coffee-flavored salt water taffy
Updated 1 year ago | 22
Updated 1 month ago | 1
Updated 10 months ago | 5
Updated 1 year ago | 9
Updated 9 months ago | 17