simple question: where is the best carne asada in LA / southern california?
in the spirit of eat_nopal, i would like to set some parameters on what is and isn't carne asada.
NOT CARNE ASADA
- anything that ever sees a griddle, skillet or saute pan. that is not carne asada. that is carne guisada. (note: that disqualifies about 99.9% of the "carne asada" served at restaurants and trucks)
- carne that is cooked before you ever order it.
- carne that is served to you on a cast iron fajita skillet
YES CARNE ASADA
- grill (wood or coal preferred) ONLY.
- made when you order it
- has little charred bits on the ends
- must look exactly like little strips of grilled steak (because that's exactly what it is).
so, where's the good stuff at?
the only place in LA i've been to that has good carne asada is El Parian on pico near union.
every other place/truck i've been to serves carne guisada.
but there has to be more than just el parian out there, right? right?
Updated 1 year ago | 4
Updated 2 years ago | 6
Updated 5 days ago | 35
Updated 3 days ago | 24
Updated 5 days ago | 55