Here's the scenario:
* Very casual 'business' meeting this Saturday morning, circa 10:00 a.m.
* Looking for an informal cafe/beverage spot that will likely be "quiet" -- i.e., not a boisterous Starbucks.
* Preferred location would be Rittenhouse/Center City West (1st choice) and Penn's Landing/Historic (2nd choice). I will be in Center City East and don't want to stray far. Other party will be coming from Powelton Village and will be driving, I believe.
* Univ. City -- maybe, though Drexel's commencement is Saturday and I expect it to be unusually crowded. It would have to be a real home run of a suggestion. Would rather stay near CC.
* My visions are either of a *very* laid-back place, i.e. a cafe that only the hip or neighborhood folks know about, or even some place really offbeat like a museum dining spot, as long as they don't host brunches with screaming toddlers on Saturday mornings.
* I would consider a hoity-toity HOTEL place -- the Rittenhouse and the Bellevue come to mind -- if you expect it will be empty-ish.
* Beverage quality is not the priority (for a change). It's really the environment/atmosphere.
* I am now a Californian but lived in Phila. as recently as 2002-2005, so I know my way around somewhat.
I am desperate for everyone's suggestions...don't be shy.
Updated 1 year ago | 4
Updated 1 year ago | 7
Updated 1 year ago | 10
Updated 1 year ago | 21
Updated 1 year ago | 26