Buffalo wings may get all the press, but over the years I've had some memorable wings that were not just butter and hot sauce.
1) A bar across the street from U of F in Gainesville used (1985ish) to have wings covered in their own house secret sauce that I ate there all the time. To this day I have no idea what was in it or how to make it but it still haunts my dreams.
2) Famous Dave's spicy bbq wings. My young son and I often get one of those obscene garbage can lids full of 60 of em and go to town. Very hard to stop once you get going.
3) Thai wings at Lotus of Siam, Las Vegas. I know, I know, there is sooo much good and authentic thai food here that it is almost sacriligious to order them, but they are incredible.
4) Bon Chon Chicken wings in NYC. Just get em.
5) My homemade asian style wings with real chinese plum sauce, freshly ground aromatics, fresh minced elephant garlic and chiles and a dash of hoisin and dark soy sauces.
Updated 5 months ago | 32
Updated 1 year ago | 54
Updated 1 year ago | 42
Updated 2 years ago | 29
Updated 2 years ago | 12