we are making broccoli rabe as a side dish for a Italian wedding celebration and I have a few questions for the Italian Food Mavens amongst us
we are having pre ceremony stationary hors d'oeuvres with
chef action pasta station
assorted antipasto stuff (olives, salami, marinated mushrooms, etc)
4 passed appetizers
Rosemary Roasted Leg of Lamb with au jus
Mussels and shrimp marinara with pasta
Roasted Baby Red Potatoes
Tri Colore Salad with Balsamic
QUESTION IS ABOUT BROCCOLI RABE
1. given 120-130 guests how much raw product should we purchase?
2. How far ahead can the Broccoli Rabe be cooked - one day, two days or three days?
I know when I have made it at home in the past it seems to taste better the next day.
3. Do you recommend the boil or blanch method? How far ahead (how many days) can this be done?
4. Should we boil and or blanch then cover with damp towel and put in refrigerator. Then cook in garlic and oil on the day ?
or can we also cook with garlic and oil a few days prior (how many) and just reheat
5. would it be acceptable to serve at room temp (bride suggested this - there is no kitchen and we are pushed for space and time to reheat because of the pasta station and the linguine (and the budget)
or how long could it be held in cambro (held warm in heating unit) - what should we watch out for
6. Any killer recipes (any other suggestions besides hot pepper flakes & shaved parm. cheese)
I am also thinking of squeezing on fresh lemon at the last minute - what do you think?
OK Broccoli Rabe Mavens of the world unite and answer the questions to further the cause.
Updated 2 years ago | 33
Updated 11 days ago | 12
Updated 1 year ago | 0
Updated 11 months ago | 7
Updated 1 year ago | 8