I often do experiments in my microwave. The latest one I did was to put 2 small pieces of broccoli stem (fresh) into a pyrex bowl and microwave the bowl for about 3 minutes.
At one point I saw a big flame originating from the broccoli, so I pulled it out of the microwave (the fire went out as soon as I opened the door). The bowl was very hot.
Can someone with a good scientific knowledge of these things help me understand these phenomena? It seems to me that after the microwave has eliminated the water from the broccoli, it should stop absorbing heat.
Updated 2 years ago | 81
Updated 4 months ago | 20
Updated 29 days ago | 20
Updated 4 months ago | 28
Updated 21 days ago | 23