I had an excellent dinner last night at Brix Wine Cafe in Juanita Village. The chef hails from Barking Frog, and boy does it show! The food is fantastic. The atmosphere is upscale comfortable with hip music played at a comfortable volume. Our friendly, enthusiastic waitress helped with our food and wine selections. The restaurant is a great alternative to Purple, which I always think I'll like until I have to pull my 800 lb chair away from the table. ugh!
About our Brix meal:
- A fresh bread basket was served with a very green, herby dipping oil which we loved. It required the addition of a bit of salt, which our server brought to our table on request.
- I highly recommend the scallops appetizer of three perfectly seasoned and seared scallops served with a smear of buttery mashed potatoes.
- We also ordered the wild mushroom flatbread as an appetizer, which was tasty, but I would skip that next time for a more flavorful flatbread option, of which they have several.
- The skirtsteak entree was surprisingly tender and cooked perfectly to medium doneness. The steak was almost overshadowed by the amazing potato sidedish of paper-thin potato slices seared with the perfect amount of crunch. Awesome! Also on the plate was a tasty sauted swiss chard.
- I ordered the pappardelle with bolognese ragu sauce when I learned they used fresh (not dried) noodles. The sauce was delicious, but could have been more 'saucy' as it started to dry out toward the end of my meal.
Brix has a huge wine selection, and we enjoyed a wonderful bottle of Shiraz.
Has anybody else had a good experience at Brix? I certainly will be returning very soon before it gets discovered and the wait for the tables gets too long!