Two fifty-something, broken down, Texas horse players will be attending the Breeders' Cup, the Super Bowl of thoroughbred horse racing, at some faraway place called Santa Anita in Acadia. One of us has dined in the capitals of Europe <loud cough> whilst the other's idea of fine dining is putting on a clean bowling shirt.
All kidding aside, we're staying in Rosemead. Here's what we're looking for:
- Mid-priced dinner places for Friday and Saturday night and maybe an over the top breakfast place.
- Yes to American casual, Asian, steak, seafood but no to Italian and Mexican.
- For one of us, dressing up is a chore but he does enjoy good food. A casual dress code is a MUST.
- Resto must serve whiskey.
- Both racing days at Santa Anita will be long days so we don't want to go to some resto where it will be over crowded and have to endure a long wait for a table.
Extra points will be awarded for any good bar recs in the Pasadena/Arcadia/Rosemead area. We're big bar people.