I am new to home cooking and have many questions, so I thought I'd ask them here. I appologize if some have been covered before.
1. Does using different brands of spices make much difference?
2. Can you recomend any websites or forums that are helpful to someone who has never cooked or is brand new to cooking?
3. What kind of pans should a beginner use?
4. Is there a big difference between Guldens spicy brown mustard and "dijon mustard"? I made a salad dressing calling for dijon mustard and I used Guldens spicy brown mustard and it seems glumpy and unattractive after keeping it in the refrigerator.
5. Some recipes suggest using white pepper instead of black. I bought some "ground white pepper" from the spice section of the store and it seems very fine and hotter then black pepper. Is there a proportion of white pepper that is equal to black, or are they equal in the same measurement?
6. Do professional chefs and cooks have to go to culinary school? Is there a lot of discrimination against older people who want to cook professionally?
Updated 2 years ago | 6
Updated 5 months ago | 3
Updated 1 year ago | 2
Updated 11 months ago | 4
Updated 9 months ago | 0