This is my first post ever, so here goes! *big breath*
As the subject states, my boyfriend's coming into LA/OC area (I live in Buena Park, near Knott's) next month and being poor college students, I want to show him a good time (which equates to eating great food) without breaking our wallets.
I love food, especially good food, and I'm not a fan of big chains or flashy places, but really quality, top notch food. Are there any places you all recommend, preferably in LA or Northern OC area?
To help you out, he loves:
- Hole-in-the-wall, but good for your soul, bad for the health type of Mexican food (he never had anything other than Taco Bell and El Torito until he went to Mexico his freshman year of college!)
- I'm a big fan of pupusas and I've been raving about them to him, so I'm going to be feeding him many of those..
- Hot dogs (He's from Chicago! And I really DO NOT want to take him to Pink's..)
- Corned beef hash =P Which I despise..
- A good burger (The Counter? Fatburger?)
- His favorite food is EGGPLANT and BITTERMELON (He's Taiwanese..) so I'd like to find a good, authentic Chinese/Taiwanese restaurant.
Basically, you can see he likes a lot of things, and I'm not too particular either. We're just food lovers always in search of good food.. (= Any help or recommendations would be great! Thanks!
Updated 9 months ago | 14
Updated 1 year ago | 1
Updated 2 years ago | 9
Updated 10 months ago | 31
Updated 1 year ago | 28