I've read thru this board and even found Gayla's 30+ must eats. I think I have found a consensus for some of the better places - Parallel 33, Tapenade, Roppongi, Region, Sushi Ota, Taka, Chive.
So here are my specific questions:
1) I am staying in La Jolla - any good places close to me that I can go for a quick meal? Or good spots where I can eat at the bar? Any of the above have bar seating?
2) From the list above, which ones do you think offer the best value? If I am looking to spend less than $30/person (without drinks), do any fit into that category?
3) Best spots for casual Mexican. I got these from the SD Must Eats:
1. Chilango's - Hillcrest
2. El Por Venir - Barrio Logan
3. Los Cuatro Milpas - Barrio Logan
4. La Posta #8 - Hillcrest
5. La Playita - Kearney Mesa (ceviche)
6. El Zarape - University Heights
7. Aquarella - La Jolla
24. El Agave - Old Town
Best bets from this list?
Updated 7 months ago | 12
Updated 4 months ago | 59
Updated 1 year ago | 77
Updated 1 year ago | 25
Updated 12 days ago | 0