Made the tea brined chicken recipe fromt he Occidental Tourist cookbook. Not sure what went wrong but here gos:
1. The meat itself was great in terms of texture. Moist, juicy. Just fine.
2. The skin, where not singed, was the beautiful color as pomised. A deep, rich mahogany. Perfect.
3. Man...it was SALTY. Is that normal for a brined bird?
4. The skin was tough. Not flabby, just tasted, somehow...cured?
5. The flavor, once you got past the slat factor, was intense. My wife and discussed how it reminded us of some dishes we had in Asia - where you ate the protien and rice at the same time, to sort of "cut" the flavor a bit.
Anyone else tried this recipe? What were your results? It is an intrguing recipe,a nd a lot of the other recipes int he book are interesting and unique. just not sure what to make of it.
Updated 2 years ago | 5
Updated 7 months ago | 1
Updated 2 years ago | 22
Updated 1 year ago | 0
Updated 11 months ago | 0