Thanks to CH suggestions I had a great b-day last year at Salute wine bar (now closed) in Santa Monica. I've already been investigating b-day options for this year on my own but want to get some feedback here before finalizing things.
B-day celebration coming up this Sat Aug 4
Here are some of the things I'm looking for:
- Can expand/contract to accommodate anywhere from 10-20+ people (people RSVP at the very last second so I truly don't know how many to expect)
- Not a sit down dinner. Don't want a huge bill at the end, but want my guests to have the option of ordering on their own and getting separate tabs. And to arrive/leave when they wish.
- Decent food important (better than "bar food"), farm-to-table a plus but not necessary
- Not impossible to find parking
- Wine/beer at minimum, but full liquor license is a plus
- Guests can get inside without long lines/obnoxious door policy
- Not a super-loud/dance kind of place--prefer a more lounge-y atmosphere
- it would be nice if they would let me bring in a cake (I don't mind paying a cutting fee)
Some ideas I had so far:
Ugo Wine Bar, Culver City
PaliHouse, West Hollywood (earlier in the evening there is no door)
Waterloo & City, Culver City (note--private room was too $$ so it would have to be regular bar area)
Library at Redbury Hotel, Hollywood
I have been to PaliHouse and Waterloo & City and like both. My concern about Palihouse is the difficult parking and the price points being a bit on the high side.
Oh, and I -live- in Brentwood--cannot think of anywhere in the area that would work but if wouldn't be a bad thing if there were a venue close to home.
Thanks for whatever help you can offer!
Updated 2 years ago | 0
Updated 1 year ago | 6
Updated 2 years ago | 4
Updated 2 years ago | 3
Updated 1 year ago | 20