My partner and I will be celebrating my birthday in San Francisco this year, and she's offered me dinner at the restaurant of my choice, price not being an object.
Neither of us have ever been to SF, and I'm finding the list of possible candidates a bit overwhelming. So I turn to my fellow CHs for help and suggestions. To set some criteria:
* We're staying in Japantown, and we won't have a car, so the restaurant would have to be within easy walking distance or a reasonable taxi ride.
* We're both carnivores with a love for good steak and seafood.
* She is not an overly adventurous eater, so definitely not looking for a 'cutting edge' sort of place.
* Open to just about any ethnic style, aside from Mexican. We love Japanese, but sushi/sashimi isn't high on our list of favorites.
* It probably goes without saying, but the quality of service is just as important as the quality of the food. Inattentive service staff really can ruin the most perfect of meals....
Also, my birthday is on St. Patrick's Day, but neither of us are much for the whole 'party' atmosphere, so I'd like the place we go to be relatively devoid of that sort of crowd, ie, not someplace that will have a huge, rowdy party going on.
Is all of that asking too much? Probably, but I'm hoping someone out there might have a good suggestion.
Thanks in advance!
Updated 6 days ago | 84
Updated 21 days ago | 24
Updated 1 day ago | 71
Updated 4 hours ago | 11
Updated 12 days ago | 28