If anyone can help with suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!
I am planning a special dinner on a Saturday in November for family. This is a group of 16: 10 adults and 6 kids age 6-12. We have to accommodate the guests of honor’s tastes primarily, so this is not a request for a foodie destination (unfortunately). Here’s what we are looking for, roughly in priority order: (note: Great American Restaurants would be great but they cannot give us a reservation and guarantee we are seated together at dinner time)
1. A place that will take a reservation and can accommodate our group at a single table or two tables right next two each other in a semi-private room or area slightly set apart so we don’t bother other guests.
2. A menu good for non-adventurous eaters with a good variety such as steaks, crab cakes, shrimp, etc. OR non-adventurous Italian food (pastas, pizzas, meat/seafood entrees) OR seafood would also be fine
3. A nice environment with some background noise (not too quiet)
4. Good service, especially nice service (not rude)
5. A couple of steps is OK but not a full flight of stairs (thereby eliminating the nice group table on the 2nd floor or Virtue Feed and Grain)
6. Something in Northern VA or DC – within approximately 30 minutes of Fairfax/Burke/Springfield
Places we have considered: Founding Farmers (still under consideration), PassionFish (still under consideration, maybe not good for kids), Great American Restaurants (can’t accommodate us), Carmines (worried about the poor/rude service noted by reviewers), Rays to the Third (maybe environment not quite nice enough plus they haven’t returned my phone call), several others not worth mentioning
Thanks for any help you can provide.