So it was decided. Went to Beer Bistro. Party of four. Saturday night. 9pm.
The Appetizers were amazing
- Frites - delicious. The homemade ketchup was great - the waitress said they will be selling it in bottles soon!
- Baked mussels (with garlic, gouda and butter) with sourdough bread on the side were soooooo good.
- Falaffel truffle balls - nothing out of the ordinary.
- Steak tartare - perfect.
The mains were not as successful as the sides, but all in all were pretty decent. We were stuffed by the time they came:
- mussels with bacon - tasty and large portion!!
- knuckle of berkshire pork with roasted potatoes - the pork was on the dry side, but the crackling was great and the fatty parts made it decent.
- cherry duck - two people ordered this and agreed it was overcooked. The filo pastry on the side was good too.
The atmosphere was great - jazz band and relaxed atmosphere. The staff were great as well and accomodated us as our party grew later in the night. . . . After dinner, we were able to stay and drink without feeling rushed out. . . . It was the perfect birthday night.