Just to reiterate my longstanding love of this place. It's been a while since anyone posted a big old post on this MA gem. A little detail follows:
- Most impressive selection of charcuterie in Boston. I am a huge sucker for many of the smoked items
- HUGE selection of prepared foods to go (including amazing stuffed cabbage)
- My favorites Jams in all of greater Boston (Israeli plum jam in the bucket and Penguen Brand Cherry Jam from Turkey) heck, go crazy and get the HUGE jar of Penguen cherry Jam, I promise you won't be sorry.
- Decent produce at very decent prices
- wonderful yogurt, sour cream, and farmer's cheeses
- Superb cabbage and egg Coulibiac (sadly no sturgeon or caviar inside) I could eat this version every day
- The chocolate and the poppy seed Rugelach in the bakery case are as good as I have eaten anywhere. Really nice buttery (or is it sour cream) based dough. So much better than many of the lame items passed of as Rugelach.
- Great smoked fish selection
- Great Halva (sunflower and sesame based) selection
Things I want to try eventually:
- Huge selection of different hot dog and sausage-like items, including many veal-based choices
- More of their dairy and fresh cheese items.
- More of the smoked fish
- Very nice looking frozen whole rabbits for $5.99/lb.
- More items from the prepared food steam table
One of my all around favorite food experiences in greater Boston.
Baza Boston Food Market
30 Tower Rd
Newton, MA 02464