Am staying at Casa Camper ( calle elisabeth no11 ) for my first stay in Barca - five nights in September - a Sunday to Thursday trip.
Would appreciate some help with the following questions, in my quest for chow perfection !
1. Has anyone had the food balls which I believe from some posts they sell next door to our hotel ? Any good ? Worth it just for the experience or avoid ?
2. Is Nou Celler as good as posts here suggest ? - any need to book or just turn up ?
3.. Are there any great places to eat near to our hotel ? happy to walk 20 - 30 minutes if other areas have more to offer
4. How should I split my five nights so as to sample best of what the city has to offer ?
Ideally I would like to try a real mix of places as it is our first time in Barca - with the usual caveat of wanting to avoid touristy places unless they are 'do not miss' spots.. So recs for
- Best moderately priced place
- Best place for beer , tapas and friendly vibe
- Best authentic Catalan food
- Best places for squid
- Best places for pig cheeks
- Best non Spanish place - just to mix it up a little ! - my partner is a big fan of Italian food
- Best neighbourhood for just wandering and picking somewhere at random
- Best place which has great food and is not a rip off despite having a great view !
- 'Do not miss' place for our last night ( up to 100 euro on food, say ? )
- Any no smoking places - just to wind my girlfriend up ?!
5. Anyone have a decent link to a Spanish/catalan/english foodie translator
Please bear in mind....
The woeful state of the UK pound versus the Euro - so nowhere mind numbingly expensve please !
Thanks in advance for your help.
Updated 5 months ago | 2
Updated 6 days ago | 21
Updated 32 minutes ago | 22
Updated 24 hours ago | 33
Updated 12 days ago | 33