Hello I will be in Bangkok next week as part of my Honeymoon. I am looking for places that you feel would be a must to try. I am not too fussed about eating high end, and in fact love street food. I was there in September and have the following places already in mind but have a couple of questions, so if anyone could anwer them I would be grateful
1. Sarah-Jane's Sindhorn building. I love the food here and its mostly Issan however I have only been at lunchtime not for dinner. Has anyone been in the evening and if so how does it compare?
2. Soi Tonson behind the Sindhorn building, I have read about this street being a gold mine in terms of street food esp at lunchtime. Anyone got any experineces they want to share?
3. Soi Polo- Jay Kee. Now this one confuses me. Some people rave about it especially the SomTam others say it is awful- what do people think? Again is it better at lunch or dinner in terms of the fried chicken.
4. Hemlock- I have been here and quite liked it although it is more more touristy than other places. I thought it would be a good first night place to take my new hubby as he has not been to Thailand before..
5.Roti Mataba for breakfast- banana roti yumyum.
6. Chote Chitr- went twice last time and thought it tasty but not couldn't tell if that was because of the hype..
7. Places I want to try- Khrua Apsorn and Khrua Rommai. I would appreciate suggestions on whihc dishes to try.
I also am keen to have Miang Kham (?) starter and know you can buy it in packages from street vendors, does anyone know where? By the way, we have four days so I make that at least 12 meals to account for!