Can you tell me the great bakeries of New York please?. I've been living in MOntreal for a few years-amazing French bakeries.
1. FP: I was a bit disapointed by FP.
2. LADY M: I love this place. I was extremely impressed by Lady M.
3. BEST IN NEW YORK (but not in New York-in Ridgewood): Out in the "provinces" of New Jersey, I found Sook bakery-this bakery can be in Paris and is absolutely first class Parisian style. Very very precise, beautiful and excellent. She was trained by Payard. This is almost a destination pastry shop.
4. PARIS BAGUETTE: Korean pastries in Korea Town, Paris Baguette-surprisingly good.
5. Kook Wah in New Jersey-excellent.
6. Balthazaar-very good.
7. ANSEL: wow wow wow. Wish I could try a cronut. A few things were too sweet. Not everything is perfect here.
8. Cafe Zaiya (Japanese) is good.
9. L'Aduree-I think in Paris it was pretty amazing near Rue Madeleine. This was not as good, but still quite good.
10. CHINESE PASTRIES: Yi Mei Fan-best Chinese pastries in New York are in this Flushing place. Don't know the English.
Updated 11 months ago | 11
Updated 1 year ago | 7
Updated 1 year ago | 49
Updated 3 days ago | 87
Updated 2 days ago | 53