I'll be in the LA area next week. I'm probably going to have only 1 chance to eat Chinese food. I'm hoping for some advice about where to go:
- Somewhere I have not been, so this excludes Luscious Dumpling, Hui Tou Xiang Noodle House, 101 Noodle House, Beijing Pie House, Dean Sin World and 888 Seafood Restaurant. See http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/913793 and http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/853414 for my thoughts on all of these places.
- Open on Christmas eve (lunch or dinner) and/or Christmas day (brunch/lunch). The meal is either happening Tuesday or Wednesday.
- Price of $20 per person or less.
- Really good food, preferably quality and/or items that I wouldn't easily find in San Francisco.
- Within a 1 hour car ride from La Mirada, CA. I'm guessing I'll be heading up to San Gabriel area for this meal, but if there happens to be something awesome elsewhere, it's not out of question.
- After the meal, I want to think to myself "Wow, LA really does have the most amazing Chinese food." And word of warning: I will be in Flushing, NY a few days later, so it has to compete with NYC as well.
In terms of type of Chinese food, I am pretty open. Could be dim sum, could be dumplings, could be Hunan or Sichuan or Yunnan or Dongbei. Just really good and really worth the trip. Also, if there happen to be two great places that could be combined into a mini-crawl, I'm open to that too, especially if they are close together.
Any help would be appreciated, and I promise to report back!
Updated 1 year ago | 11
Updated 3 months ago | 22
Updated 1 year ago | 36
Updated 1 year ago | 8
Updated 3 months ago | 4