Atelier Crenn is an expensive restaurant, but it's very unique! Make reservations & plan for 3hrs for dinner!
I made reservations on OpenTable about a week before eating there. Very easy, didn't have to give credit number or anything. Listed food allergies & the waiter mentioned he read that.
We both got the Chef Tasting Menu - 7 courses for $125.
Still or Sparkling water - We picked Still - no charge. Is there for Sparkling?
Started w/ 2 tiny rolls - good
Frozen pea soup - very cool.
Kir Breton - 2 round balls - one for ea. I think white chocolate shell & Apple Cider inside. Stick it in your mouth, close, then bite down. Otherwise will go all over.
1. Ocean & Land - Waggu beef, tartare & smoked sturgeon pearls. Yum, but small portions.
2. "Broken" avocado-Grapefruit tarragon, sourdough & popcorn. They freeze the avocado then break it with a hammer, add some grapefruit, & popcorn, some kind of popcorn sauce. Interesting.
Frozen palette cleanser - tasty.
3. Foie Gras "Log" - pickled cherries, vanilla, apricot & oat. I thought it was TOO much foie gras. Wished for some veggies or crackers with it.
4. Apricot & Foie Gras - More foie gras. This was smaller w/ a slice of apricot & foam sauce.
Supplement Heirloom Tomatoes $18 - 3 tiny tomato slices & other stuff with it. It was tasty.
Crennologie - apple & celery - it was tasty enough.
5. Arctic Char - small amount of fish, some hazelnut, squid "rock", uni, liquorices.
6. Pork "a la thailandaise" - 2 tiny pieces of pork w/ fat, some other things. Fine.
7. Desserts - "Eucalpytus" - tiny thing of frozen treat delivered w/ Eucalpytus.
"Olives" - frozen dessert tiny tasted like olives w/ cake thing & crunchy candy underneath - served on a log.
Mignardises - many tiny desserts about 10 different things: chocolate, caramel, jellies, marshmallow, chocolate dessert, panna cotta, meringue - served w/ a Bonsai tree.
One unisex bathroom sliding door -in the back across from the kitchen area. Inside nice flowers by the sink nicely arranged, art work on back wall.
Chef Dominque Crenn came to all the tables to meet & greet us. That was very cool. She came to our table twice. Once to say Hi & shook my hand, other time to deliver the "Eucalpytus" dessert.
B. got glass or .5 Moreux Sancerre $9 & Glass of St. Francois Santenay $20 - he liked them both, I didn't try them.
Our bill $297 (2 tastings, $18 tomato dish & 2 glasses wine) + tax $25.25 = $322.25 before tip.
I recommend it & would go back, but I'd eat something beforehand.
If you're still hungry there's Tacko next door for $5 taco; Pizza Orgasmica up the street, & Taco Bell a block away. I wanted to get something, but didn't.
3127 Fillmore St, San Francisco, CA 94123
Updated 1 year ago | 1
Updated 1 year ago | 5
Updated 1 year ago | 4
Updated 7 months ago | 0
Updated 1 year ago | 13