Hi, I am a noobie to the board, but have been lurking for a few years and now I needed some help. I have spend a few days digging all over the board, but most of the review are from 2008. So, would like to make sure those restaurants still exist.
I am travelling to Toronto with my family to meeting up with my folks who lives in Edmonton. They heard that asian food are superb in Toronto and would like to eat their way through Toronto. My family is from Chicago area so there's really not a lot Authentic spectacular asian restaurant that my folks approved of. We care about the food quality the most... decor and atmosphere, not so much. We are staying at Marriott at Eaton centre. So, now that I have set up the background... Here're some of the things I need help.
1. Good Authentic Dim Sum place in both DT and GTA. I know Markham has a lot of restaurants, but would like to hit the best ones. Someone also mentioned Grand Chinese Restaurant. Is it still there? Is it still good?
2. Good Peking Duck: From what I have read, seems Chung King Garden Restaurant is the one I should try.
3. My mother adores sashimi: Where can I find the best and hopefully reasonable price sashimi around?
4. Awesome Korean BBQ place: Both my husband and myself loves Korean BBQ. Where should we go? An AYCE place would be awesome!!
5. Good Shanghai/northern Chinese Restaurant: Need some good Xiao Lung Bao and Dumplings!!!
6. Any YOU MUST TRY places in Toronto?? It's been 4 yrs since I last went, would love to try some new stuff!!!
Thank you so much for all your help!!!
Chung King Garden Restaurant
4394 Steeles Ave E, Markham, ON L3R9V9, CA