The OSF season officially opened tonight, so it seems like a good time to give an update of what's changed with Ashland's restaurants.
* Chateaulin (& Chateaulin Bistro): Closed last fall. It's been on the market since late last year, and the realtor shows a "sale pending" mark on the listing, so keep a good thought that the space will be humming again this year.
* Grilla Bites: Closed. No new tenant in that space yet.
* Larry's Cupcakes: Larry moved to Eugene to be closer to family.
* Munchie's: Closed a few weeks ago. Mix reportedly will be taking over the space to expand their wholesale baking operations, and to allow expanded seating in their main shop.
* Old Farmhouse: Opened briefly last year down by Albertson's, but closed just recently (the whole chain closed). Not sure if it's permanent or not.
* Hana Sushi: Replaced by Umi Sushi, which appears to be a little more all-Japanese (no Korean/Chinese that I noticed). Mothership appears to be in Jacksonville.
* Larks did a remodel; nothing drastic, just a little more modern, a little less feminine. The original chef (Damon Jones) is back, with a somewhat revised menu.
* Red Hibiscus: Replaced by CJ's Bistro, a burger/sandwich/soup shop.
* Smithfield's is now doing lunch on weekdays. Killer reuben and fries.
* Star Sushi: Ashland is awash is Japanese! New hole-in-the wall on East Main across from Bloomsbury Books. Haven't tried them yey, but looks promising.
That's the short list; more details as we try the new ones later this year.
Updated 9 months ago | 2
Updated 1 year ago | 3
Updated 22 hours ago | 25
Updated 5 days ago | 21
Updated 2 days ago | 69