DH and I are going to be in Ottawa at the end of September, which coincides with our third anniversary. We'd like to treat ourselves to a night out - it'll be our first nice night out without our 10-month old.
It's been a while since I lived in Ottawa and when I did, it was on a student budget. So, I'm looking for some dinner suggestions. We want it to be a nice night out, but can't really afford to break the bank.
- $100-$150 for dinner for two (closer to $100 would be better...)
- Byward Market area or Elgin would be nice as we may meet up with friends later for a drink
- nothing particularly ethnic (i.e. no Asian, Indian)
- neither of us eat seafood
- something with a bit of a 'scene' would be fine with us, but the food's gotta be good
- decent wine selection, especially by the glass
Some places I've found online...Restaurant 18, Social, Empire Grill, Foundation, Luxe Bistro...any of them worth a visit?
I know Beckta is supposed to be fantastic, but it may fall just above what we ideally want to spend.