Hey Italy 'hounds, two of us are staying for a week on the Amalfi coast just outside Positano (on the road to Praiano -- near Arienzo), and here's roughly where we hope to eat while we're there (and, yes, basically all of our plans revolve around consuming food, then hiking/bussing somewhere else to consume more food, and finally collapsing in a heap in front of a nice view).
I've culled these from suggestions on this board so a BIG thanks to all previous contributors. I've tried to avoid the most touristy spots, though I know the entire area is basically a tourist playground -- hence fewer picks in Amalfi, Positano and Sorrento.
Anything you'd skip? Anything important I've overlooked? Any words of advice? Any place with a weird dress code I should know about?
**How crazy is it to walk on that main coast road at night?** Is it doable or suicidal? I'm trying to avoid taking cabs home every night, but know I will have to do it sometimes (like from Nerano, Cetara). We will not have a car.
• Acquapazza (Cetara, lunch)
• Al Convento (Cetara, lunch, or dinner if I can figure out what to do in Cetara for a full day -- is it worth it to take the bus out here twice to hit these? It sounds like it is, and I am mad for anchovies)
• Barilotto di Nonno (outside Positano, dinner)
• Cumpa Cosimo (Ravello, lunch, hiking down to...)
• A Paranza (Atrani, dinner)
• Osteria Da Luisella (Atrani, lunch, hiking over to...) <-- could trade this for one in Amalfi, like Lido Azzurro
• Santa Croce (Nocelle, dinner) <-- could trade this for something in Montepertuso, like La Tagliata
• Il Ritrovo (Montepertuso, lunch, hiking to...)
• La Brace (Praiano, dinner)
• Donna Rosa (Montepertuso, lunch, hiking down to...)
• Lo Guarrancino or Il Fornillo or Grottino Azzurro (Positano, dinner)
• Stuzzichino (Sant'Agata, lunch, hiking out to...)
• Taverna del Capitano (Nerano, dinner)
...plus maybe another meal at Max or Chez Black or somewhere else in Positano
Ambitious, definitely, and we may not do it all.
We will also have a kitchen, so if you have recommendations on where to grab the best rations (esp. for breakfasts) and what not to miss, I'd love to hear them. Thank you!!